Effective Date: 02-14-18
- Information Collected by the Website. As part of the subscription process, certain information is collected through the Website by ES from YOU or from the party owning the Governing Account, such as YOUR name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, payment information, and any other identifying information that permits us to contact YOU physically or online.
- Other Information Collected by the Website. The Website automatically collects information as YOU navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include Internet Protocol addresses, details relating to YOUR use of the Website and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. This information collected is generally statistical data and, to the extent it may identify YOU specifically, we take reasonable steps to anonymize such information. This information is used by us to improve the Website and to deliver better service to the Website’s users.
- Cookies. When YOU use the Website, we may send one or more “cookies” – a small data file – to YOUR computer to uniquely identify YOUR browser and let ES help YOU log in faster and enhance YOUR navigation through the Website. A cookie may convey to us anonymous information about how YOU browse the Website. A persistent cookie remains on YOUR hard drive after YOU close YOUR browser so that it can be used by YOUR browser on subsequent visits to the Website. Persistent cookies can be removed by following YOUR web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after YOU close YOUR browser. YOU can reset YOUR web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
- Use of Information Collected by the Website.
- 5.1 Use by ES. ES uses information we collect to operate, maintain and provide YOU the features and functionality of the Website and the Service, to collect payment, to communicate with YOU regarding various matters, to analyze how the Website and the Service are used, diagnose service or technical problems, maintain security, personalize content, remember information to help YOU efficiently access YOUR account or the Governing Account, monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns, and track content and users as necessary to comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Policy Act, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and other applicable laws.
- 5.2 Use by Third Parties. We may occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of the Service. We will only provide those companies the personally identifiable information they need to deliver their services. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of YOUR information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We will never sell, rent or lease YOUR personally identifiable information to third parties.
- 5.3 Disclosure. We have the right to disclose statistical or aggregated data (but in no event information which may personally identify YOU) in our discretion and without restriction. We may access and/or disclose personally identifiable information which we have collected (i) as may be expressly permitted by YOU, (ii) as we deem necessary to enforce the Agreement, (iii) if required to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or otherwise as required by law, (iv) to protect and defend the rights or property of ES, including the Website and the Service, or (v) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website, the Service, or the public.
- Managing YOUR Information. YOU may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Website, in which case we may not be able to provide the Service to YOU. YOU may update, correct, or delete YOUR account information at any time by contacting us as provided in Paragraph 16, below.
- Opt-Out Policy. We may use YOUR email address to send YOU notices regarding matters, including the Website (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail). If YOU do not want to receive these messages, YOU can opt out by following the instructions included in the email message or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If YOU correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of YOUR email messages, YOUR email address and our responses.
- Security. We are committed to protecting the security of YOUR personally identifiable information. We use a variety of commercially reasonable security technologies and procedures to help protect YOUR personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personally identifiable information YOU provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, we use a secure payment gateway so YOUR information is protected. While we use such technologies and procedures, we cannot and will not act as insurers of the security of YOUR personally identifiable information transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
- California Privacy Rights. Under California law, there exist certain requirements governing an operator of a website or online service that collects personally identifiable information about consumers in California. California law requires such operators to disclose how the operator responds to web browser “do not track” (DNT) signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services, if the operator engages in that collection. With respect to the Website, we use Google AnalyticsTM to track traffic on the Website. However, we do not track our customers’ personally identifiable information over time and across third-party websites and, therefore, this requirement does not apply to the Website. For more information on how Google AnalyticsTM uses data please visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. If you would like to participate in Google AnalyticsTM opt-out, please follow the instructions provided in the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en. With respect to the Service, we track YOUR queries by user identifier (such as YOUR e-mail address) over time. As user authentication is a requirement to use the Service, we do not respond to DNT signals within the Service itself, as that would de-authenticate YOU, thereby preventing YOUR use of the Service. California law also requires such operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personally identifiable information about their users’ online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator’s website or service. Third parties that have content or services on the Website (such as Google AnalyticsTM or an advertising network partner) may obtain information about YOUR browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personally identifiable information. We do not knowingly permit such third parties to collect any personally identifiable information from the Website, for direct marketing purposes or otherwise, unless YOU directly provide it to us and we provide it to them with YOUR consent.
- Children Under the Age of 13. The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personally identifiable information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If YOU are under 13, do not (i) use the Website or any of its features, (ii) register on the Website, (iii) make any purchases through the Website, or (iv) otherwise provide any information about YOURSELF to us, including YOUR name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name YOU may use. If we learn we have collected or received personally identifiable information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If YOU believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Evid Science, Inc.
2361 Rosecrans Avenue, Suite 348
El Segundo, CA 90245